The IoT Catalan Alliance is an initiative to join forces and define strategies to enhance the field of the Internet of Things in Catalonia
The Internet of Things (IoT) is an emerging sector with vast potential for economic growth and job creation. Only 1% of things are currently connected, but it is expected that there will be 50,000 million Internet-connected devices in the world by 2020, which is about 7 devices per inhabitant.
The IoT Catalan Alliance brings together companies and organisations that work in this area, exploring the knowledge of their capabilities and needs, and promotes the exchange of information and the creation of synergies between the members of the alliance.
The establishment of this group provides the ideal environment for key players in this industry to engage in a dialogue in order to define a joint action plan to promote the IoT in Catalonia.
It also aims to provide an environment for validation and interoperability testing of products, and works to represent the sector with the government and standardisation bodies.
- Identify the companies and organisations that carry out activities in this field.
- Explore knowledge of their abilities and needs.
- Foster the exchange of information and the creation of synergies between members.
- Provide visibility and business opportunities for all stakeholders in the value chain.
- Work to represent the sector with the government and standardisation bodies.